Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Last card from class


This card was so easy to put together. It is white, Marina Mist, & Pear Pizzaz. I can't get too excited about this pear paper because it is only going to be around one more year. I checked and it is almost the same as Certainly Celery, just a tad darker or maybe just a little more depth in color. The stamp set is Vintage Vogue and the Nestie is Flur de Lis. I find that if I put a piece of waxed paper in the die then the paper it comes off the die a little better. I am using it and the Fancy Tags more since I read somewhere that it helps get the delicate cuts out better. Try it, it works. I do that also with the new doily dies I got from Paper Trey Ink. I also found out recently that on "solid" stamps I like the results better if I stamp off and then stamp onto whatever I am creating. Hope that makes sense. It's easy to make a flower & gives it some interest when you do that.

June 1, I must get my VA birthday cards started.

Have a happy day!!

1 comment:

  1. This is a gorgeous card all around, Linda! I like the way the design of your papers and laces get a real "punch" of support with the curliness of the birthday sentiment. GREAT card!

    ReplyDelete