Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Gambel Quail


This stamp has no manufacturers label on it. I bought it when I first started stamping. I love to stamp it on cork. The colors I used on the border punch are way out of my comfort zone, more mustard and old olive. I think it works. If you look closely you will see that I stamped the grass in 2 colors so the quail don't look like they are floating across the cork. I really miss seeing them. When their babies are new they look like walnuts with legs. Twice daily they would bring their babies through our yard. Loved watching them grow from babies to teens to young adults. One year a family of 17 did their daily visits. Unfortunately the numbers diminished to 14, then 12 and then at last 10 survived. Such fun to watch every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment