Friday, October 22, 2010

Masking tape background


Here's the card I made for my second shoebox group. The background is masking tape. You tear the tape into small pieces. When you have the piece covered you need to burnish it so it does not come up when you do the next step. That is called direct to paper. You start with your lightest color and lightly smooch the ink over the tape. I turn it over on a piece of scrap paper and blot it a little, then add the next color. You can use as many colors as you like but need to go from lightest to darker and then darkest. I sometime go in with a stipple brush and as some of the lighter colors. Here we used Baja Breeze and Dusty Concord. Next we sprinkled it with clear embossing powder and heat set it. Again I used the StampinUp set called Just Believe and the background is stamped with VersaMark using Elements of Style which is also a set from StampinUp.

1 comment: